now to do the walk.
Talking with my former boss has inspired me to DO. Not to plan to do but DO.
It was rather nice to talk to someone about all aspects of life- especially a real life DO-er. I feel so motivated right now. Thus the post.
TIP #832749832 (For all my other 20-somethings out there) Find that one person to mentor you. Someone who has lived the life you wished for, someone who has shared your goals. I’m blessed to have found mine.
She has inspired me to make mistakes, fail, lose- all those things that gives you experience, that makes you work harder, essentially making you better.
One of the best lines I’ve taken from her is “you’re young enough to fail… take the chance.” Whatever that “chance” is…failure/ rejection is only temporary- DON’T dwell in it.
Other key notes:
- You’re never the only one. Whatever issue you’re going through, from the 6 billion people in the world someone is facing your struggle too. Fucked up living situation, crappy job, lousy love life. Yeah, someone’s been there, done that, and managed to live. So leave your pity party, because that’s lame. Also, if your able to read this you already have something going for you that people in poverty don’t- BOOM.
- Don’t get comfortable, always push your limit. Being comfortable makes you lazy- it gets you stuck. And you shouldn’t get stuck with the rest of the world is moving forward. Shake up your routine, add (or delete) things in your life. Change it every now and then. Are you scared of doing a presentation, going out with new people- GOOD.
- Don’t base your goals on others. Blah blah blah. Set your own goals, don’t base your goals on what others are doing. EVERYONE is different. Duh. It’s hard not to become a narcissist with all these social media outlets that connects you with your “friends” by having every Sue and Sally showing you their “awesome” life. Bullshit. I care for only about 20 folks on FB (congrats to you if you get a Christmas card-ha!) Base your goals on what you need to do, not what the world is doing.
- Celebrate your victories. Big or small, always celebrate your victories. You did awesome on a project- celebrate. You finally got your car fixed- celebrate [Next week, YAY!]. You paid off that credit card- celebrate. (just don’t recharge another ridiculous amount *NTS =X) Celebrate because you worked hard to do it and you are worth it.
- WHO GIVES A SHIT. (my fave one): Long hair don’t care. (For me: Short cut don’t give a f*ck) If you want to do something, just do it. Who cares what ANY body else says- it’s your skin, do as you please. Like Dr. Suess said “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
I hope someone in the world learns a little from this. I did. The next few months are going to be hectic, scary and an adventure. I’m ready to take on this new year of life by the horns and make it my bitch. Good luck to me and cheers to you all!